Project-based learning is a choice and can feature as an element of diverse approach to teaching and learning. Our choice of pedagogy stems from our education philosophy and so to understand project-based learning we must first rewind to our initial teacher training and dust of our knowledge of education theory.
- Does knowledge of educational theory have any direct impact upon your approach to teaching and learning?
- Are you strongly subscribed to a particular philosophy?
- Has watching this video indicated a natural personal alignment in approach?
- Does your institution have a teaching and learning policy or statement which promotes a particular philosophy?
- Where in your institution might there be natural starting points for enquiry and problem solving?
- Has your institution developed an approach to developing 21st century learning skills?